website is dedicated to the Playland Estates Civic Association in
Our goal is to maintain the highest level of social,
property and family standards for a positive, safe and beautiful
RUSSEL’S COMPLETE LAWN SERVICE
COME JOIN US
@7PM at the
@ the community center by the lake.
Please Contact Rodney Edwards, President
See some of us at FACEBOOK.COM
· POLICE REPORT FOR JANUARY
· CODE ENFORCEMENT REPORT FOR JANUARY
· COMMISSIONER DICK BLATTNER REPORT
· GUEST SPEAKER – City of Hollywood Manager –
Ms. Cathy Swanson Rivenbark - topic –
New Developments for the City
How these will effect our Neighborhood.
Questions welcomed after her presentation.
· Treasury report for January – Susan Edwards
· Membership Dues for 2014 - $20
October 17th, 2013
This summer we
had sidewalks installed on
· Mr. Gregg Hill, the Code Enforcement Officer, reported that there are 215 code violations this month in Playland Estates. The violations include illegal, improper parking, grass being too high, roofs needing repair, fencing needing repair. Our community Police Officer, Officer Paquette said that there were 3 car break-ins, one at Ross’s Department Store at the Shopping Center, and 2 at L. A. Fitness. One pawn shop was robbed on 441.
Because of the
changes in Route 441 Bank of
There has been a
complaint about a house on
Blattner’s Report – 167 new high priced homes will be constructed at
· The Emerald Hills Community Association invited the Principal of Hollywood Hills High School to come to do a presentation. We should invite her also. Suggestion: Invite speaker from H.U.D. Less and less money available for loans. There are low interest loans if you qualify.
December 19th, 2013 Meeting Notes:
FREE PAINT PROGRAM
High quality recycled paint is
distributed the second Wednesday of the month from 8:00am until 12:00pm at the
Taft Street Annex located at
PAINT COLORS: Beige, Off White, Aqua, Terracotta and Grey.
If you have any questions or wish to verify if a certain color is in stock please call the Public Works Department at 954-967-4526.
This is not a paint drop off site! You must dispose of your old paint at the
Broward County Household Hazardous Waste drop off facility located at
WASTE COLLECTION SCHEDULE FOR Playland Estates
IS AS FOLLOWS:
Wednesday – Commingled, Garbage
Saturday – Recycling, Garbage
PLANTING GUIDE FOR
Beets Broccoli Cabbage Carrots
Cauliflower Collards Corn Chinese Cabbage
Eggplant Endive English/Southern Peas Escarole
Onions Parsley Peppers Potatoes
Radish Spinach Summer & Winter Squash Tomatoes
· Approved Project
Durable, a new headquartered operation at
· Approved variances and site plan for a K-8 Charter School at
· Purchased more police vehicles. We are replacing 20% of the fleet each year.
· Approved a $52,000
contract for with Lambert
Advisory for a real estate and economic impact analysis for downtown
· Recognized police officers Ramio Valdes and Derric Means as Officers of the Month for July; and Paul Scheel as Officer of the Month for August.
· 25 well-mannered and interested students from South Broward HS attended the November 20 meeting, let by their amazing teacher, Adam Cohen.
· At first reading, agreed to allow only human powered vehicles and devices on the Broadwalk Bike Lanes.
441. For the many of you who said you wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for the 441 project to begin, the time to exhale is now. The construction contract will be let this month, and work will begin roughly 90 days after that. I will host a ribbon cutting ceremony. First phase of the project will be to re-organize the
Coastal Connection is the passenger rail service anticipated for the FEC corridor, along
Hollywood Gardens West is a comparatively new neighborhood association, representing businesses and residents from 56th west to 441, from
By the way, all you fans of Mimi’s…what a great job they have done remodeling and repainting not only their traditional store, but the two story building to the east. Looks great and both are now signature buildings reflecting the commitment Mimi’s has made to all the residents of the community.
Sandra Einhorn has assumed responsibility for leading the
Emerald Hills Homeowners Association. Sandra has called for the first
meeting on Tuesday January 14, at 6PM, at the
This is the
117-home project at 35th and
· 58th Annual Candy Cane parade is Saturday night, December 7, at7:00pm on the Broadwalk.
· Read “The Source” by Michener. Have run into a bunch of you who read this book years ago and are still in awe of the descriptions. Great book, all 900 pages of it! Took me two months to finish, reading 20 minutes at a time before bed.
· My friend Siobhan suggested reading Empire of the Summer Moon; all about
the Indian civilization and Indians of the western frontier. Very
interesting and unknown history to me. She also thinks we should have more